Re: Netting larva

> Date: Thu, 01 Jul 1999 14:41:12 -0500
> From: "William Vannerson" <William_Vannerson at ama-assn_org>
>
> 2. Grass clippings.  Taking Scott's suggestion of using larger clumps
> of green things.  I wonder if you could acheive the same level of 'stink'
> factor if you wrap and tie the greens in cheescloth, just like the ZFrench
> chefs do with herbs.  This would be easier to remove/avoid during netting.

You don't need a stink factor to attract the mosquitoes to lay, just
some water that has a bit of algae or life to it.  A spoonful of soil
or compost, or just a pinch of grass clippings will do it.  Even a tiny
bit of chemical fertilizer.  Or you can just let the bucket sit out for
a while, and it will get a bit of dust, organic debris and algae.