Re: Possible parasitic worms

Owner-Live-Foods at actwin_com writes:

>  I gave them to my Heterandria formosa. They ate them just like they'd eat
>  anything else of a similar size. I guess that rules out the possibility of
> them  being all that harmful.>>

Oh wow! That is not exactly a test of whether a species of worm is parasitic.
Parasitic worms would try to stimulate a feeding response so that they would
be able to infest the fish. I hope you will keep your test subject H. formosa
and your live food cultures in quarantine until the worm can be identified,
and the fish can be necropsied. I hope you turn out to be lucky.