Re: Live Foods Digest V2 #374

From Ray:
>  I've been raising red worms in a Rubbermaid 18 gal tub. They tend to climb
> up the
>  sides and escape between the lid. Anybody have any tips for me?

We raise a number of critters that are much better escape artists than red
worms. For those we glue velcro strips all the way around the top of the
container and a matching screen or glass top. That would work for red worms,
but it sounds like your dirt might be too wet or sour. Another suggestion is
the worm farms sold at places that sell fishing tackle. You could probaly get
couple of those for the price of a spool of Velcro. One thing to watch.
Rodents love worms, so you should be alert for those pests.