Re: Live Foods Digest V2 #314Dapghnia + Ghost shrimp

Glass shrimp, grass shrimp, ghost shrimp, all common names for the same almost
clear small freshwater shrimp, would probably love to be in a Daphnia culture.
I have raised both. In fact raising Daphnia might be a good preamble to
raising ghost shrimp. Judging from the amount of Daphnia the shrimp would
capture and eat, it never occurred to me to try the experiment. From
everything our boss here said, which is all correct, I should have tried it.
It might be a good way to rejuvenate an aging Daphnia culture, get a bunch of
shrimp out of it, and then start 'er up again. I have such a culture right
now, I think I will experiment to see what happens. My only misgiving is I
believe there has to be some fine leaved plant in the shrimp tank for the
newly hatched shrimplets to survive the predation of the adult shrimp. I'll
throw in some Najas graminea. Let you know what happens.