Re: Ghost Shrimp

> Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 01:57:28 -0700
> From: ternay at dimensional_com
> Subject: Ghost Shrimp
>
> I used to have success breeding ghost shrimp and lately I have not--then it
> occurred to me that I had success when the ghost shrimp were in tanks with
> Daphnia in them.  Were the napulii eating juvenile daphnia?  Is that an
> element I am missing?

I keep a miniature cleaner shrimp from Hawaii. They are only about
1/2-3/4" long so less danger to my smaller killies. I nearly lost them
until I discovered the trick. The missing element (ion) apparently was
iodide! As soon as I started feeding some "Nori" flakes, they reproduced
like mad. YMMV. Worth a try, tho, Andy.

Wright

PS Apologies to the list for heretically suggesting a non-live food. :^)

--
Wright Huntley, Fremont CA, USA, 510 494-8679  huntley1 at home dot com
          *********   Eschew obfuscation   **********