Re: Miniature redworms

>Date: Mon, 07 Dec 1998 06:40:15 -0800
>From: Wright Huntley <huntley1 at home_com>
>Subject: Re: worms
>

>> Date: Sun, 6 Dec 1998 18:58:45 EST
>> From: Moontanman at aol_com
>> Subject: worms
>>
>> Has anyone ever heard of dwarf African earth worms, or any other dwarf earth
>> worms for that matter. The ones I heard about were around 2" maximum length
>> and were red like regular earth worms. Does anyone have any info on this? If
>> you have any and want to share let me know, I can trade lots of odd water
>> creatures.
>
>I have been told they are a myth. See, for example, that definitive worm
>site "The Burrow" at:
>
>http://gnv.fdt.net/~windle/
>
>He tells, in there, how to miniaturize redworms.
>
>Wright

Also this chap sells "miniature redworm" cultures (plus grindle worms,
white worms, vinegar worms &c):
keithgregg at hotmail_com
http://www.angelfire.com/biz/livefood/index.html
He told me by e-mail that miniature redworms produce baby worms the size of
adult whiteworms. I've cultured whiteworms successfully but the "miniature
redworm" I know nothing about except what is stated at websites like
windle. I presume everyone's well aware the "redworm" used in composts,
even if not raised in composts, excrete a yellow toxin that fish & herps
find distasteful, & which smell vile to human noses so there's no mistaking
them. If the "miniaturized" redworm is really just this compost worm raised
under stunting circumstances, it might not be appropriate for feeding --
I'm just wondering.

paghat the ratgirl
http://www.violetbooks.com/paghat.html

Violet Books: Antiquarian Fantasy, Supernatural & Mysterious Literatures
http://www.violetbooks.com

The Weird Wild Realm of Paghat the Ratgirl
http://www.violetbooks.com/paghat.html