Re: LFD V2 #215 - 216

Re: ammonia discussion -

The chemistry section of my site has a step- by- step layout for determining
NH3/NH4 ratios in relation to both temperature and pH, along with all the
supporting math and an accompanying calculator. Spotte can be hard to find
at times - I've had two libraries looking at once. The supporting
measurements are based on data from CRC's Handbook of Chemistry and Physics.
Should give Charles something concrete to look at...

Re: high pH tanks (>= 9 pH)

I keep my _J. ornatus_ in an artificial freshwater mix that hovers at right
about 9.0. Details for creating this mix are also outlined at my site, in
the Rift Salts subsection of Chemistry.

Should you encounter a broken link right now, drop me a line and I'll
correct the situation. I've finally figured out the proper direction for the
site and am in the middle of a major overhaul. Those of you with version 4+
browsers can get a sneak preview of some of the things I intend for the site
by checking out one of the dynamic sections of the aquascaping page at

http://www.mindspring.com/~nestor10/trials/gldnint.htm

I point this out only to show that there really are *legitimate* uses for
all of this "dynamic HTML" stuff floating about...

-Y-

David A. Youngker
http://www.mindspring.com/~nestor10
nestor10 at mindspring_com