Re: Live Foods Digest V2 #211

On Thu, 1 Oct 1998 15:58:01 -0400 (EDT), Owner-Live-Foods at actwin_com
(Live Foods Digest) wrote:

>Your green water pH problem probably stems from the starting pH of the
>water, the dissolved salt content and the ammonia levels (I guess you know
>that though). As long as you keep the ammonia levels down, D. magna and D.
>pulex can do well at anything up to 9 from what I can tell. If only
>ammonia didn't change in toxicity with pH :(.

Hm. I haven't measured anything. I just tried to rear Daphnia magna in
an outdoor tank, which had become green during some weeks before. Well
though these stayed alive, they became rather lucid and reproduced
rather slow.

Stephan
--
Stephan Pflume
Abt. Vegetationskunde und Populationsbiologie