Re: Live Foods Digest V2 #178

Daphnia ephippia can be frozen yes. They survive longer if frozen and
thawed a couple times over a few weeks/months.

As for blackworms/tubifex, if you have access to a good library try
getting hold of Charles Otto Master's Encyclopedia of live foods. It's out
of print so don't look in bookstores. If you can't get it from a library,
LFS cultures are selling photocopies for 20$ I think (that sounds illegal
to me but...). Their www address is:

http://www.angelfire.com/biz/LFSCultures/

There are good resources on the net though for recipes. Try
www.thekrib.com.

John

On Sat, 12 Sep 1998, Live Foods Digest wrote:

> Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 07:21:15 -0400
> From: Harvey Schneider <harvsch at earthlink_net>
> Subject: Daphnia
>
> Just getting back into the hobby after a prolonged abscence. I have a
> few questions about raising live food for my dwarf Cichlids.
> Can Daphnia eggs survive freezing?
> Can anybody point me to a good, solid, cookbook article on raising
> either tubifex or black worms?

---

"Language has not the power to speak what love indites:
 The soul lies buried in the ink that writes."

  eirinn at valhalla_com  (http://www.maths.tcd.ie/~jpc)