RE:Feeding Blackworms

Non-member submission from [GEOFF NUTLEY <geoffn at sv_net.au>]

Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 18:51:07 +1000
From: GEOFF NUTLEY <geoffn at sv_net.au>
Subject: RE:Feeding Blackworms

I have tried different mediums for growing blackworms, from fine sand,
coarse sand, tissue paper but the best I've found is filter wool. By
using individual tennis ball size clumps of wool
the worm soon form colonies in each clump. Harvesting is easy as
removing a clump of wool full of worms. As for feeding I use fish food
flakes and a few drops of water and mixed to form a paste which in turn
is placed on top of the clumps of wool. I grow mine in a small tank
in about 2 to 3 inches of water with fine aeration. Another thing I
found is they like the darkness and no vibrations