Organics for mosquito culture

Hello All

I've had great success with a kiddy swimming pool that is 6 feet in
diameter.  I started it with a bag of composted chicken manure and grass
clippings, but don't over do it because in the heat of the summer you
won't be the most popular person on the block!

The manure and the clippings cause the infusorians to explode and the
daphnia and mosquito larvae ride the shock wave right into the mouths of
desirable creatures.

This "culture" produces more than enough daphnia, in the fall and spring
and tons of mosquito larvae in the summer.  I've even collected generous
helpings of blood worms in the past.

Good luck
Dave
<}{}><