Re: red worms

> Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 21:05:33 -0400
> From: Hardstrike <hardstrike at geocities_com>
>
> I recently bought a red worm culture at a local fish club auction.
> I was wondering how exactly i shoud take care of them.
> I fed them some bread, moistened with milk. And info would be great.

There's some material in the archives of this list, and several sites
on the web.  Search the web for 'vermiculture' and 'vermicomposting'.

I have my red worms in a plastic tub in the basement.  I use crumpled
newspaper for bedding and feed them on kitchen garbage (no meat or fats).
The bedding breaks down into somewhat heavy potting soil, and there's
and endless supply of worms of all sizes.