Re: Daphnia temperatures

> From: George Slusarczuk <yurko at warwick_net>
> If you get several responses at what temperature people keep their
> Daphnia, please let me know.

Here in Vancouver we keep a species (or two) of daphnia which were
collected originally from local streams in our region. They grow even in
ice covered water and I have found them in my outdoor containers in
temps around 5-10C. I've also kept these same daphnia indoors at around
20C and they also did very well.

I think Paul Krombholz may have recommended slightly higher temps for
daphnia but he may be culturing some from his local Mississippi state.

Steve Pushak