Re: Live Foods Digest V2 #100

Live Foods Digest wrote:

> Live Foods Digest        Friday, April 17 1998        Volume
>
> Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 18:46:01 PDT
> From: "Dave Lains" <dlains at hotmail_com>
> Subject: Giant Daphnia?
>
> Hello All
>
> I went to a fish auction in Seattle a few days ago and they were selling
> daphnia about 1 cm in length!  Does anyone know anything about them????
>
> Dave
> <}}}}><

Hi, Dave:

I hope that you bought some of the giants & will be willing &able to
sell me a starter culture!!!

If you did not buy it, do you remember who was selling them? Who might
know? I would LOVE to have them!

The largest Daphnia that I know of, is D. magna. It grows to about 5 mm
(0.5 cm). This giant would be twice as large (1/3 of an inch!) - what a
treat for a Blue Gularis!

Best,

George