Re: Blood worm culturing

Barry writes:

<<
> 1) Does anyone have information about culturing bloodworms?

I once had a wash basin, about the size and shape of a litter box, but bigger.
My wife stuffed it under the front porch steps with a half-inch of dirt in the
bottom.  A month later, it had accumulated leaves and rain-water.  When I
pulled it out it was full of blood worms.

A friend of mine once had a genuine wooden rainbarrel under the gutter pipe
spout of his garage.  He got bloodworms and misquito larvae all summer every
summer.

> 2) I understand these are the larva of midge flys, does anybody know if they
> are present in south Georgia?

This was in the Buffalo, NY area.  I don't know if they live in Georgia.

Bob Dixon