Re: Rotifers

> Mach T. Fukada wrote:
> I am looking for freshwater rotifer cysts or a starter culture of either B.
> rubens or B. calyciflorus.  I have been told that they are included in the
> instant infusoria products,  howeverI have never gotten any of them to work
> for me (maybe to old after going via the slow boat to Hawaii).  Anyone know
> of sources or would be willing to sell. give, lend, etc a starter culture?

Can't help you with the specific species that you are looking for.
However, a good mix of infusoria... including rotifers, can be spontaneously
obtained simply by filling a gallon jar of aquarium water and adding lettuce.
Let the stuff sit for a few weeks to get nice and rotten.  You will soon have
all sorts of infusoria living in this environment.

Regards,
David Robinson                          The Discus Page
robinson at ichips_intel.com               http://www.ee.pdx.edu/~davidr/