Isopods

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone here has ever tried aquatic isopods as fish food?
For those who aren't familiar with isopods, they are small crustaceans
related to scuds (Amphipoda) that crawl on the bottom and/or along submerged
vegetation. They are typically about 0.5-1.5cm long. This is the same
group as the terrestrial woodlice (sow bugs, pill bugs, basketball bugs)
and look quite similar.
I've seen them fed quite successfully to a goldfish, but have not tried
them with other large bodied fish--they are too big for my guppies.
They seem like a great food source since they seem to be prolific
breeders in my little backyard pond, and even if the fish don't
immediately eat them all they can help to clean up the bottom of your
tank by consuming old plant scraps and other waste.
If anyone has tried raising these critters and/or fed them to fish could
you please let me know.

Thanks,
Bentley Christie