Grindal worms, do they have friends?

Hello,

I am currently keeping a culture of Grindal worms. They have been slowing
down of late, and it notice a lot of little white globules. When i sprincle
pablum on them each day even the golobule wiggle. This prompted me to get
out the microscope and see what was going on in there. Well it turns out
these globules are little translucent beetles of some sort. about as wide
as a grindal but only twice as long as wide. they seem to be climbing over
each other, and over the worms. They do have two black spots on their
backs, the rest of hte body as i say is similar to the worms. Question. Are
they related, ie part of the lifecylce, or just friends, or are they eating
my worms? (would they make good fish food)? Thanks.

Christopher Carrigan
Arras, B.C.  V0C 1B0

carrigan at pris_bc.ca