Re: Live Foods Digest V2 #15

> Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 17:05:02 -0500
> From: Charles Nero <cnero at bates_edu>
> Subject: growing live food in the office
>
> I have a 29 gallon aquarium and I keep guppies and cardinal tetras in
> it.  I want to feed them live food.  The problem:  what kind of live
> food can I grow in an office.  I do not have much room and the food
> cannot be smelly.  Also, how do I go about getting starter cultures of
> live food.
>
> Charles Nero
 I keep two differnt jars of wingless fruitflies on the desk in my office.
They are normal 1 pint widemouth canning jars. I semi rotate the jars so I
always have a culture going in both jars, there just at differnt stages of
development.I feed them to my desk top tank with White Cloud's in it. If it
wasn't for the snaiil eating all the eggs, I would have a milion little
fishies swimming around in there. Let me know if you need a start.

Jeremy