Re: Live Foods Digest V1 #142

On Wed, 31 Dec 1997 03:58:14 -0500 (EST)
In Live Foods Digest V1 #142
David W. Webb
<dwebb at ti_com> wrote;

> Please note that there appears to be a significant difference between
> ground Chick peas (gram flour) and ground whole wheat (graham flour).

Looking at your spellings of (gram flour) and (graham flour) I realized
that the manufacturers add to the confusion by using the two spellings as
if they were the same when indeed, as you pointed out, they are not! Both
the O.E.D. and The Larousse Gastronome (Sp.?) agree with your convention
that (gram flour) is made of ground peas and (graham flour) is a whole
wheat product.

> BTW, I can't even begin to describe how much about culturing live foods
> that I've learned on this list so far, and I've been paying close attention
> for a few years to live-foods discussions on other lists.  :-)

Yes, I would agree this list is the BEST source of information on culturing
live foods I have yet to find on the Internet, or anywhere else for that
matter!

                                        Sincerely

                                         \\\|///
                                       \\  ~ ~  //
                                        (  @ @  )
                                    Alfred A. Skrocki
                                Alfred.Skrocki.Sr at JUNO_com
                            alfred.skrocki at cybernetworking_com
                       Visit my Do-It-Yourself Aquarium WEB page at;
                                      .ooo0   0ooo.
                                        \_)   (_/