Forwarded message follows:
From: Cal <cal at cka_org>

	I have been feeding tubifex, daphnia, black worms, glass worms and
newly
hatched brine shrimp on a regular basis (depending on supply) for 30 +
years.
As a consequence I have made these observations:
	1) Killies do fine on just newly hatched brine shrimp, but egg
production is
minimal. I am now experimenting with Sanders Total Gold 2 supplement.
	2) Addition of tubifex to the daily diet of brine shrimp increases
egg
production of killies - almost the next day!
	3) Daphnia are a sort of treat which helps stimulate egg production
when used
with brine shrimp, but not  like tubifex.
	4) Black worms are easier to get and keep, but I almost always have
had bad
experiences with fish dying unexplainedly after feeding black worms. Even
larger fish who can handle whole black worms and smaller fish that I chop
them
for have died after eating black worms. The incidence of this occurring is
small, and I forget ocassionally and feed black worms because I can't get
tubifex worms. It's always an irreplaceable fish that dies!  The evidence
is
anecdotal but pretty convincing to me.

Hi
Sorry to hear that you have problems with blackworms.  Obviously you have a
great number of years of experience.

The blackworm that I get is a black variety of the tubifex worm.  Perhaps I
am not getting the same worm as you and others who have responded to my
statement.  I believe my worms originally come from California, (if this
helps)

If would seem to me that feeding one type of tubifex would react in a
similar fashion to the other type.

Although I use white worms, I do not find that my fish eat them as readily
as they do the tubifex worm.  I remember reading a study some time ago
which stated that the earthworm produced better results in relationship to
breeding than the white worm although I do not know why.  Grindal worms on
the other hand are consumed much better than either of the others, but one
would have to grow much more than I can to feed the fish, due to their
size.

An example of feeding blackworms ( my variety), I have raised several
annual species to 14 months of age.

Cal Him