Re: Live Foods Digest V1 #136

On Sun, 28 Dec 1997 04:03:18 -0500 (EST)
Live Foods Digest V1 #136
BErney1014
<BErney1014 at aol_com> wrote;

> Hi All,
> Following for months now I'm ready to start a daphnia culture. Could someone
> post sources that have a track record. I live in NJ so distance would be a
> consideration, I think.

I have had very good results ordering from Carolina Biological Supply
Company, at 2700 York Rd, Burlington, NC 27215. Their phone number for
the U.S. and Canada is 1-800-334-5551, their FAX number for the U.S. and
Canada is 1-800-222-7112, their international phone number is 910-584-7686.
Five years ago I purchased their "Daphnia Culture Kit" (and it's still
going strong) it consisting of - living daphnia, food, one gallon of
culture water, plastic culture jar, and a fine mesh cloth cover and the kit
included an instruction sheet. The catalog number is F6-L565C and it costs
@22.95 in the 1997 catalog. Do your self a favor and if you order from them
also order their 4 oz container of daphnia food - catalog number F6-L51C,
it costs only #3.50. (you use 0.2g or 1/16 tsp per gallon) They may not be
the cheapest source but they are VERY DEPENDABLE! If you use your laser
printer and make up a business letter head and request their catalog they
will send one free of charge, otherwise it is close to $40.00 (including
postage) besides without a business letterhead many items can not be
ordered like medical leaches.

                                               Sincerely

                                              \\\|///
                                             \\  ~ ~  //
                                        (  @ @  )
                                    Alfred A. Skrocki
                                Alfred.Skrocki.Sr at JUNO_com
                            alfred.skrocki at cybernetworking_com
                       Visit my Do-It-Yourself Aquarium WEB page at;
                                          .ooo0   0ooo.
                                              \_)   (_/