Re: Live Foods Digest V1 #81

On Mon, 27 Oct 1997 19:01:22 +0100
In Live Foods Digest V1 #81
Simone e Pierluigi Vicini
<psvicini at mdnet_it> wrote;

> HI there.
>
> I'm looking for earthworm.
> Can anyone tell what do they look like? Maybe I'm searching for the wrong
> type of worm that's probably why I can't find them.
> Maybe it will be more easy to have the scientific name.

Hello Simone, my latin spelling is probably way off but I think you are
looking for:

  Lumbricus Terrestris

They are brownish in color and anywhere in size upwards to 200 centimeters
long and almost a centimeter in width they are noted for having a body
comprised of ring segments with a wider band near the middle that is the
breading collar. They are a-sexual and any two get together and attach at
the band when mating. They are typicaly found in rich moist leaf mold or
soil and eat decaying vegetable matter.

                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  @ @  )