Re: Daphnia & plants compatibility

> First get rid of the plants as plants and daphnia don't mix (ie no
> plants = more daphnia)

Huh? Can you give more specifics on this? I'm surprised as I have
many thriving daphnia cultures which also have plants in them (java
moss, crystal wort, crystal (sprial?) val, anacharis, duck weed,
etc). The cultures that have plants in them produce daphnia at about
the same rate as the cultures without plants. If anything I would say
the cultures with plants produce more daphnia per week than those
without the plants. I also leave a lot of mulm (tank gunk) in the
bottoms of the daphnia tanks which generates food for them. So, if
you have any real data or references on this I would be very interested.

-Walter