Reviving Daphnia culture

Hi to you Daphnia gurus,

I had a thriving Daphnia culture in a 10 gal. tank in my basement but the culture diminished when I lost my only source of greenwater which was from a wine barrel where I grew my water lilies. The green water disappeared when night temps dropped to the 40's F outdoors. I assume there are dormant eggs in the tank. Water temp has been around 72 F in the tank. Any tips as to how to revive my culture and keep them going through the winter months in the basement ? I tried dried yeast unsuccessfully. The  culture tank has substrate and luxurious plants growing in it under 2X40 watts Verilux flourescent over two 10 gal tanks. Any advice will be very appreciated. TIA.

David Soh

Ames, IA 50014-3905

<underline>mailto:dsoh at iastate_edu

</underline>