Re: Live Foods Digest V1 #48

On 10/01/97 at 03:58 p, Owner-Live-Foods at actwin_com (Live Foods
Digest) said:

>Recently my paramecium culture turned red.  I had fed the culture
>lettuce leaves, wheat seed.  I have not seen this before and do not
>know if is safe to feed this to my fish.  Can anyone comment on
>this condition?

You really need to see what is making your culture red.  If it is
bacteria, it is almost certainly Ceretia marcesens (sp?) and
harmless.  If it is a protozoan, I would not feed from that culture.
Get some to a microscope!

--

Dave Gomberg, FormMaestro!                     http://www.wcf.com
 gomberg at wcf_com