culturing fruitflies in aquaria

Forwarded message follows:
Richard Sexton wrote:

I've always liked the *idea* of fruit flies as food, but
they are to me one of the most troublesome foods for
a variety of reasons.

I'm wondering if it might be possible to grow them *in the
tank* with the fish. It might work like this: the tank
would have to have it's water level a few inches below the
top, and have some sort of platform, whether it's a rock
or a floating bit of styrofoam. On this could be placed
a banana peel or a bit of orange. There would need to be
a pinhole in the cover, big enought for fruit flies to
get in, but not large enough to allow for the egress
of the fishes.

I'm going to give it a try and will let y'all know how
it works out.
--
            An image a day. That's all we ask.

  Richard J. Sexton             richard at killi_net
  +1 (613) 473 1719      Bannockburn, Ontario, CANADA

End forwarded message.