[Live-foods] What are these?

They're up to half an inch long, red segmented worms that build debris tunnels around themselves and mostly look like strands of fish poop, unless stirred around to disrupt their cover as I've done here, to photograph and identify them:

<http://www.flickr.com/photos/debunix/sets/72157619674983553/>

They have again appeared in my indoor daphnia cultures, started from moina purchased from Dallas discus, which definitely didn't contain anything like this when emptied into the trays.

So they're either being started by something inside the house laying eggs in the water (if so, these have grown to this size in less than a week), or are coming in from the used tank water I used to dilute and fill the trays (water scooped straight from a healthy planted tank with fish).

Diane in Los Angeles

http://www.well.com/user/debunix/fish/fishIndex.html