[Live-foods] Soymilk for Daphnia

Hi Friends,

I'm glad to see so many new posts!

I have recently been using soymilk (Silk brand in my case) to feed my
daphnia cultures.  It's working great--but as with other non-algae foods,
it's easy to overfeed.  I dilute the soymilk with water and then add only
enough to slightly cloud the water.  I think I will try low-fat soymilk
(from Trader Joes) next.

The water goes clear in a day or two.  I notice the aeration bubbles are
starting to last too long, so I will be incorporating partial water changes
with harvesting.

Good luck!

Kim