Re: raising daphnia

> Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 11:38:36 EDT
> From: LeeH920226 at aol_com
> Subject: Re: raising daphnia
>
> Does anyone have any information on the ideal temperature range for raising
> daphnia - pulex, magna and Moina?
>
> Lee Harper

I'm not sure there is a single answer to that question, Lee.

 From my reading and discussions with folks from different climates, The
optimum temp. may well be what your local Daphnia strain likes best.

I have done poorly with moina from Mach, in HI. IDK if I could not keep
them cool enough, but suspect that was true.

My best results have always seemed to be with locally-collected pulex or
magna (or ???). YMMV. I did terrible with FL-sourced bugs.

Wright

--

"If you aid and abet the enemy, whether you're a citizen or not,
you're not entitled to the right of due process,"

So much for the (late) constitution he swore to uphold!