Re: raising Daphnia

>Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 11:38:36 EDT
>From: LeeH920226 at aol_com
>Subject: Re: raising daphnia
>
>Does anyone have any information on the ideal temperature range for raising
>daphnia - pulex, magna and Moina?
>
>Lee Harper

For Daphnia pulex and D. magna, the 60's and 70's are the best.  They die
out pretty fast at temperatures of 85 and over.  Between 80 and 85, they
can hang on for a while, but if kept too long at those temperatures , they
die.  I have not had personal experience with Monia, but I have read that
they tolerate higher temperatures.

Paul Krombholz in dry central Mississippi with a chance of showers
returning tomorrow.