Daphnia

Although I have many cultures going right now, I am quickly running out of green water.
I know that there has been some discussion of feeding daphnia everything from strained babyfoods to yeast.
I have tried strained peas, by adding water to the jar and creating a diluted mixture and pouring it into the containers, is this the correct procedure. I don't think it stays suspended for very long till it settles to the bottom,

is this natural, do they have to grab it on the way down?
Those of you on the list that have been successful with other food sources for daphnia please refresh our minds with your procedures.