Algae food

> I am looking for a cheap and easy nutrient solution for my algae (Chlamydomonas).

I got a micro-algae nutrient solution from a science lab, but it is hideously expensive.

I do have the formula for Guillard's f/2 solution, but haven't had the time (or money) to get all the ingredients.

I have read various suggestions of goose poop etc., but at this point i would like to keep my culture more or less sterile, and non-smelly.

Considering how easily we are messing up our environment through eutrophication of lakes with detergents etc. you would think there must be an easy and cheap solution (regular plant fertilizer?)

My only concern is that i do not want to add anything to the algal culture which may kill the daphnia or fish.

Thanks!

godo

--
Godo Stoyke, B. Sc., M.Sc.