How to clean daphnia tank

Hi everyone,

Thanks to everyone's advice my daphnia cultures
(see it's in plural ?) are growing really well.
However, I found this morning that I lost a batch
in a small container due to a airline falling out
of the container.

I believe it is high time that I do a water change
for them.  I have been adding some water as I
harvest them.  But there is a pile of what appear
to be daphnia shells (do they molt?) on the bottom
of the containers.  I sucked some out with a small
turkey baster but the little guys keep getting in
the way.

When you do the water change/cleaning of the
daphnia tank, what do you do to keep them from
getting sucked out?  Is there any trick that
someone can share with me?

Thanks in advance,

Tomoko