Re: Water quality

Hi Douglas.

I'm sceptical about your reading for Total Hardness as CaCO3 (571 mg) -
that must be a typo? Have you tested your tap water yourself? That looks
like an official information sheet, but I wouldn't trust it completely, or
I'm not making sense of it correctly. 571 mg Total Carbonate hardness is
extremely high, and with a pH of 7.6, I suspect there's something wrong
some where. In any case, Daphnia magna like a high pH and high hardness, so
I would think it would do well in your water. I suspect D. pulex would do
well in those conditions too (they're generally much hardier than D. magna).

Regards,

-John