Growing Fruit Flies

Has any one on this list tried using a product called Jaz mix
(drosophila medium) by Applied Scientific? It is a kind of ready made
agar based medium so it needs to be cooked. I just ordered a 10 box of
this stuff. Here is a link for them

http://www.appliedsci.com/FlyWeb.html

They give directions for making the medium using weight. I was wondering
if any one has tried this product by using a volume measurement instead
of weight. I can post my results with this stuff later. I am considering
buying some of the vials. I have a way to get a small discount so the
prices aren't too bad.

Jeremy
--

Jeremy Adams - Corvallis, Oregon  USA