Re: Killing daphnia with "Amquel" question

I wonder if the daphnia-killer in Amquel is the 'artificial slime coat'
stuff.  Handwaving, I hypothesize that it could gum up the small moving
parts that daphnia need to filter-feed and breathe.

Has anyone observed any problems with daphnia and water dechlorinated
with plain sodium thiosulphate?  Or with other slime-coat or non-slime-coat
dechlorinators?  Maybe we can zero in on the toxic component.