live food for bettas

hi, I am in need of some advice, as seen almost on all websites u need to
have some starter culture for live food, the thing is that here we dont have
any source to get starter culture, is there any way to find the culture
naturally, I have around 600 growing male bettas in jars, feeding them
frozen beef heart makes water pollute, mosquito larve is very hard to get
and it is also seasonal, I am thinking to grow brineshrimp to adulthood but
lt may expensive, any suggestions or any website for this????
thanks

Shaikh Waheeduddin
karachi - Pakistan
shawah at cubexs_net.pk