mcclurg luke e Redside Dace

> I have a 55 gallon set up with Northern and Southern Redbelly Dace, Red
>Shiners, Fathead Minnows, Creek Chubs, Redside Dace, Slender Madtoms and 3
>Longear Sunfish (I know...sunfish aren't supposed to mix with
>minners...but this is working and there's no aggression I can see...and
>it's not a permanent situation).

Hi Luke,

I noticed you mentioned the Redside Dace in your reply on 55 gal setups.
Is this Clinostomus elongatus?  I know of a site here where these can be
found, but have yet to go hunting them.  I'm just curious about what you
think of them.  How are they doing in your tank?  How are they colored?  Do
they retain their red all the time?  What about sexual color differences?
Are yours locally collected?

Thanks!

Mark Binkley
Columbus Ohio USA          <))><
mbinkley at earthling_net

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach him
to use "the Net" and he won't bother you for weeks.