Re: Pruning Glosstigmata

We originally *did* have a 5" deep layer of glosso -- I too was afraid to
give it a crewcut until I could stand it no longer and it turned out fine.
As long as the root system is good, it will grow. After that, ours remained
close to the ground. You can see the tall glosso
http://www.brainyday.com/jared/aquarium/photo2.htm as it was in our old
angel setup. In our discus setup it has always hugged the substrate and
looks like this http://www.brainyday.com/jared/aquarium/discus/glosso.htm

We had a terrible 4 month BBA war, which we finally won, and the glosso is
making its way across the tank
http://www.brainyday.com/jared/aquarium/discus/discus15.htm In any case,
you may want to experiment by cutting just a few inches and making sure
that new leaves appear.

Jared

Jared Weinberger
jared at brainyday_com