Re: Silicone... while we're on the subject...

Lee, I have exposed tanks to 50% bleach for weeks with no damage to the
silicone. [Goes back to my problem with *Mycobacter marinum*, Fish TB.]

Sodium hypochlorite is a powerful oxidizer of many natural organic
materials, like proteins, but seems to have no impact on silicone,
high-density polyethylene (?) and many other plastics. Some, like 2L soda
bottles and vinyl tubing are quickly attacked, so use caution until you are
sure.

Wright

--
Wright Huntley -- 650 843-1240 -- 866 Clara Dr. Palo Alto CA 94303

 Wanted: Fish nuts, interested in killifish, for frolicing by the Bay.
  Lonely club, way out on the Left Coast, promises fun, companionship
              and information, as well as a super
               fish sale and auction. See us at:
             http://www.sfbaka.net/BAKA-WCW-11.html