How old do they get...

Just wondering how old do aquatic plants get in
captivity (aquarium tanks) or in the wild ?

I am aware that several components have to be taken into account,
Substrate, Light, etc.,

My personnel experience with echinodorus species is about
the same time frame my tank is set up.
That's about 8 years !
I've come across a web side from Switzerland where the fellow
has a echinodorus in unchanged substrate, 200g,
for over 25 years and it's still going strong!
He keeps as well splittings from steam plants for almost 15 years.

Is there any empirical experience out there ?
Can someone point me in the right directions?
Thanks

Juergen