Re: Snails

> Any suggestions regarding the eradication of snails? When I was a young
> aquarist, I used to buy a green turtle and put a Styrofoam ramp for him to
> crawl on. I think those turtles are illegal now. Any other snail busters?
> Thanks,
> Paul Armes

Snails tend to be good herbivores for a plant tank. If you have a lot, your
over feeding your fish and feeding the snails, hence the plague.
Botia striata does a great job at killing/eating them and is a nice little
non aggressive attractive fish. There are numerous other critters to choose
from. This is my favorite. Puffers and other loaches (Botia sp) are also
popular.
Regards,
Tom Barr