Re: Re: Solenoid Valve for water drainage

Thanks for your response Dave,

Yes, all my tanks have built-in overflows.  How do control the amount of
water actually draining out of your tank systems?  I would be very
interested.

If a normally closed solenoid valve fails (or the power shuts off), it fails
in the closed position...every time.  Should the controller fail and keep
the valve open the tank would only drain 25% before there would be no more
drain water going to the valve.  For filling I am using Kent float valves
which are mechanical, not electronic.  They are just as likely to fail as
the float valve in your toilet.  I have never heard of one failing. :>)

Alan

Alan Kaufmann,  Psych Tech
Napa, California..................
Where grapes are grown......