Re: Solenoid Valve for water drainage

Alan,
Alternatives to a solenoid valve:

1.  If your tank is drilled (reef ready). Plumb in a standpipe and you will
have a gravity drain. This is what I have. My three large planted tanks are
each on an automatic drain and fill system of my own design.

2.  A hang on overflow used in reef wet dry setups would also work in a non
drilled tank for drainage.

There are no issues regarding failure of electrical components and resulting
floods with these methods. Mine have been in continuous operation for well
over two years without a single problem.

Regards,
Dave

multipart/alternative
  text/html