Using the carbonate ion to adjust KH, GH

Hello everyone,

I remember reading about someone using carbonate salts to adjust KH and GH in APD. I have a piece of information for you. According to what I learnt in Chemistry, only Potassium, Sodium and Ammonium carbonates are very soluble in water.(ph=7)

The rest of the carbonate salts are partially or very insoluble(solubility cannot be observed by our eyes) in water. Eg.CaCO3 is very insoluble in water as mentioned by Gregory Morin.

Hope this helps.
Wayne Wah from Singapore.

multipart/alternative
  text/html