RE: Algae Eating fish Questions???

Matt,
If the algae is the green, wavy, bushy stuff that grows in tufts on the driftwood, etc. I've had excellent luck with the Florida/American flag fish (Jordanella floridae). My Siamese algae eater (SAE) and Otto's won't touch the stuff, but the FFF loves it and keeps it chewed down to a "minimum".
The FFF in my tank has also been "safe" for the other plants, he doesn't seem to have a taste for the crypts, swords, rotala, Hygrophila polysperma, anacharis, etc.
YMMV.

Lee