Re: Calcium Carbonate a.k.a whiting and Aquatic Plants ListCoffee Mugs

>Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 11:26:58 -0800
>From: "Rod" <rod at redironstudios_ca>
>Subject: Calcium Carbonate a.k.a whiting and Aquatic Plants List Coffee Mugs
>
>Hi folks,
>
>     A few weeks ago I read on here something about using Calcium Carbonate
>to raise KH and GH, I can't remember how much was suggested to use to get x
>raise in KH and GH.
>
>     Also what I wanted to know is Calcium Carbonate going to give me the
>same kind of results as Seachems Equlibrium and Alkaline buffer? Everytime I

Equilibrium does not contain calcium carbonate. Calcium carbonate is
_very_ insoluble in water so you won't be able to achieve the same GH
with calcium carbonate as you would with Equilibrium.
--

Gregory Morin, Ph.D.  ~~~~~~~Research Director~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Seachem Laboratories, Inc.      www.seachem.com     888-SEACHEM