Re: pH Probe Cleaning

I'm trying out the PH controller as well. Can someone tell me what DI water
is?

Thanks.

Patrick Ng

> Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 19:19:48 -0800 (PST)
> From: Lobos <lobos0331 at yahoo_com>
> Subject: Re: pH Probe Cleaning
>
> Gilbert wrote:
> "Does anyone know how to clean a pH electrode?  I used
> a Q-Tip and plain
> water the last time I cleaned it.  My daily readings
> are beginning to
> drift a little from the setpoint. Having worked in the
> biotech
> pharmaceutical business for the past decade, I
> recognize a pH probe that
> needs help.  We never cleaned 'em, just replaced them
> with a new probe.
> I have a new probe on hand, I just want to extend the
> life the current
> one, which has been in continuous use for about 3
> months now."
>
> Soak the probe in pH 4 calibration solution for 10-15
> minutes, rinse very well with DI water, than soak 5
> minutes in pH 7 calibration solution, and rinse well.
> I find that storing the probe in probe storage
> solution (usually 4M KCl) you can extend the life of
> the probe.
>
> Lobos

Disclaimer :
This email is sent for the sole attention of the identified addressee(s) and
its contents are provided for information purposes only. Nothing contained
herein shall create any liabilities whatsoever on the part of Television
Broadcasts Limited and/or its subsidiaries. Legally binding obligation can
only arise by means of a written document signed by the duly authorized
representatives of the relevant parties. If you have received this email in
error, you are not permitted to distribute or copy this message and are
requested to inform us by email, facsimile or telephone and delete this
email.