Water Loving Plant?

Well, lets see.  Start with Reed Canary Grass and SaltCedar.  They are pretty
much number one and two on the Bureau of Reclamation's Nasty List of
Phreatophyts that must be removed from irrigation ditches.

Oh heck.  I suppose you mean for AQUARIUMS???????  (Reeely big grin!)

Seriously, for woody plants, i.e. trees and shrubs, the Flood Plain species
are the ones you use, because they are subject to alternate flooding,
sometimes immersion, and then droughts.  Indeed, those trees and shrubs are
most tolerant of being planted in paved areas such as downtown streets and
plazas!

I strongly suspect that when we start thinking of Aquarium plants that are
tolerant to drying out, but can and will use a LOT of water, and can
withstand immersion, we will be dealing with plants from a similar ecosystem.
 This could be an interesting discussion.

Jean